A major product of the New Towns Initiative at Harvard University is a book on the past and future of new towns. As part of the work to create that book the initiative will hold an international workshop in September,2016. The workshop will bring together pre-eminent new town scholars, new town development managers, and other key figures from major new towns around the world. While much for the program will involve working sessions for the authors there will be a public panel described below.
- James von Klemperer, President and Design Principal, Kohn Pedersen Fox
- Steve Kellenberg, Senior Vice President of Community Planning, Irvine Company
- Paul Buckhurst, Principal, BFJ Planning
- Alex Garvin, Professor Adjunct, Yale
- Pascaline Gaborit, Former Director, European New Towns and Pilot Cities
- Rick Peiser, Professor, Harvard University, moderator
- Ann Forsyth, Professor, Harvard University, moderator